eggplant and soft-boiled egg with prosciutto
The eggplant is a delicious, too-often-neglected vegetable, with exceptional antioxidant properties. By prepping it to grace an open-faced sandwich or take a breakfast pizza to the next level, you will rediscover it in a whole new, exciting light.
Preparation : 15 minutes
Baking : 30 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Place the eggplant slices, side by side, on an oiled hotplate. Baste the eggplant slices with the oil, ensuring that they are well coated. Add salt and pepper.
3. Cook on the middle rack of the oven for 15 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the tomatoes with a dash of oil and salt. Set aside.
5. Garnish the eggplant with the tomatoes and pine nuts, and place a soft-boiled egg atop each one. Sprinkle with the prosciutto bits and herbs to taste.