Cauliflower crust base (gluten-free)
Mix and match : wild mushroom and herb, pesto chicken and rapini, prosciutto and truffle oil
Preparation : 20 minutes
Baking : 35 minutes
Efficiency : 2 crusts
1. Using a food processer, pulse until the cauliflower is reduced to fine crumbs.
2. In a large pan on medium heat, cook the cauliflower in the water, covered, for approximately 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Continue to cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until the water is well evaporated and the cauliflower is well cooked. Let cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
4. Transfer the cauliflower onto a rectangle of three layers of cheesecloth and close up. Drain well by pressing and twisting.
5. In a bowl, mix the well-drained cauliflower with the remaining ingredients.
6. Shape two balls and place them on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spread the dough with your fingers to obtain 2 discs 8 in. (20 cm) in diameter.
7. Cook on the middle rack of the oven for approximately 15 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the crusts and place a second baking sheet on top. Flip over and remove the top parchment paper. The golden brown side should now be on top. Add the toppings of your choice.
8. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes and serve immediately.