Thin crust base
This crust works well with all the suggested toppings : wild mushroom and herb, pesto chicken and rapini, prosciutto and truffle oil
Preparation : 20 minutes
Baking : 8 to 10 minutes
Efficiency : 2 crusts
Raising : 1 hour
1. In a large bowl, with your hands or in an electric mixer with a dough hook, mix the flour, salt, yeast and sugar. Incorporate the water, then the oil. Knead for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise for around 1 hour in a warm, moist environment. Fold the dough towards the centre several times and divide it in half.
3. Place a pizza stone on the middle rack of the oven. Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C).
4. On a floured work surface, press each dough out with your hands into a very thin disc approximately 12 in. (30 cm) in diameter.
5. Sprinkle a pizza board with cornmeal. Place the crust on the board. Add the toppings of your choice.
6. Slide the pizza onto the stone and cook in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
7. Repeat with the second crust or freeze it by placing the ball on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and covering it with plastic wrap. Once frozen, transfer the dough into a plastic bag.