cream of zucchini and white bean soup
This vivid, promisingly green soup is a treasure trove of protein and vitamins. Puréed beans, combined with zucchini (which tends to release lots of water), give the soup a creamy texture without using any cream or potatoes. It’s also a great way to add legumes to your diet!
Preparation : 20 minutes
Baking : 20 minutes
Efficiency : 4 servings
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat 2 tbsp. (30 ml) of the oil. Add the onions and cook until slightly golden, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the zucchini and broth to onions in the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach and 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) of the beans.
3. Transfer the soup to a blender and purée until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve over the same saucepan and then season with salt and pepper. Keep warm over low heat.
4. In a large non-stick frying pan over high heat, heat the remaining 3 tbsp. (45 ml) oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) beans, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Divide soup between 4 bowls and top with the mushroom-bean mixture.