surprise oatmeal cookies
Creating these cookies so they are as nutritious as they are delicious took some time… lots of time. I honestly think they deserve a spot among the top lunch-box foods ever! The addition of all-purpose flour makes them nice and soft, but also a little less energy-efficient.
Preparation : 20 minutes
Baking : 28 minutes
Efficiency : 15 cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In a bowl, mix together the flours, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix well. Slowly add in the flour mixture and oats. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate and almonds.
5. Using a 1/3-cup (80 ml) ice-cream scoop, place scoops of dough onto the baking sheets about 2 in. (5 cm) apart. Flatten slightly with your fingers or a fork. If desired, garnish with chia seeds, chocolate and almonds.
6. Bake one sheet at a time, on the middle rack, for 13 to 14 minutes, or until the cookies start to turn golden. Cool on a wire rack. Store cookies in an airtight container.