grilled cheese sandwich with rosette de Lyon sausage
Two slices of bread stuffed with melted cheddar is already pretty good. But add some slices of rosette de Lyon sausage and you’re really stepping up your grilled cheese game! Top the sausage with arugula and you’ve got yourself a meal. Top that with a half-candied tomato slice sprinkled with fresh thyme and you’ve got a conversation piece… but no one will be talking because they’ll be too busy eating.
Preparation : 15 minutes
Baking : 25 minutes
Efficiency : 1 sandwich
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread the tomato slices on prepared baking sheet. Brush with the oil and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper. Bake tomatoes in centre of the oven until slightly softened, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
3. Brush one side of each bread slice with oil. Turn bread slices over (oiled sides facing down) and spread both slices with the tapenade. Top each slice with 2 slices of cheese.
4. Top the cheese of one bread slice with tomato slices, overlapping as needed. Add slices of rosette de Lyon sausage and some arugula, then close the sandwich.
5. In a frying pan over medium-high heat, cook the sandwich on each side until the bread is crispy and golden, and the cheese is melted.