salted caramel diplomat pudding
Diplomat pudding comes in endless versions. The most classic include a version prepared with lady fingers soaked in rum, refrigerated like a Bavarian. Another timeless recipe is made up of brioche bread dipped in milk and cooked in a double boiler. Ours is unique by virtue of the fact that we recycle croissants and cook the mixture in a cast-iron skillet, which is a key component of its success.
Preparation : 10 minutes
Baking : 30 minutes
1. Butter a 9 in. (23 cm) cast-iron skillet.
2. Cut the croissants in approximately 1 in. (2.5 cm) thick slices and place the slices vertically in the skillet, stuffing them together.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs with the cream and 1/2 cup (125 ml) of caramel. Evenly pour over the croissants and let sit 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
5. Cook the pudding in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Upon removing it from the oven, drizzle the rest of the caramel on top. Serve warm.