art on a tart
Admit it! When you saw this tart, you said "Oooohh!" (So did we.) Now that you’re captivated, just know that it works perfectly with a plate of deli meats. Cheese straw fans out there: You need this. Its flavour and texture will take you down memory lane.
Preparation : 15 minutes
Baking : 20 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. On a floured work surface, reduce 225 g of flaky pastry dough into 1 rectangle around 11 X 8 in. (28 X 20 cm).
3. Place the dough on the hotplate lined with parchment paper. Prick the dough with a fork and baste it with the beaten egg.
4. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and salt. Use some inspiration to create a picture.
5. Place onto the third lowest rack of the oven and cook for around 20 minutes or until the dough is quite golden.