alcohol-free vermouth bianco
Cheerfully raise a glass of this herby mocktail that feels like a party in itself! That’s exactly what Vincent Thuaud intended. The mixologist and co-owner of Chez Tao bar in Québec City has concocted a drink that will rock your world, from pleasure, not intoxication! The list of ingredients speaks for itself: cumin, coriander, jasmine, basil, lemongrass…. Just wow! You’ll want to make it again and again!
Preparation : 15 minutes
Baking : 25 minutes
Maceration : 24 hours
1. Use a mortar and pestle to coarsely crush the peppercorns, coriander and cumin. Set aside.
2. In a pot, bring the wine to a boil. Add the spices and the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the mixture from the heat and let cool. Pour into a large glass jar and cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours (for a stronger taste, leave the zest and lemongrass in the liquid longer).
4. Filter the mixture through a sieve lined with a coffee filter, then pour into an empty, preferably sterilized, wine bottle. Store in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks.
5. Serve over ice with a slice of orange or grapefruit. Garnish with fresh herbs. For sweetness, you may want to add a few drops of simple syrup or maple syrup.